Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just another day in Paradise


    Well, here we are again.   Bernice has finished the top for her quilt and it looks great!  The back is finished too.   It has the same brown Hawaiian "swirls" with two stripes of the turquoise fabric you see on the front, going down the center of the back.  Going to be a nice memento of a Kauai vacation.
     The quilt that Vicki brought over to work on is coming along nicely too.  I'll post a picture of it as soon as she ready to have me show it.
      We've had some sun today and a few clouds.  Nice breeze coming in the studio window to keep us cool. I'm blessed to have east facing windows so we get the trade winds and can see the ocean from the studio.
    My neighbor, Margie, came over to sew for a bit.  She's working on a quilt similar to Bernice's but using more of the browns and yellows that are in the Hawaiian fabric.  Margie started quilting in January and has finished 4 quilts since then.   The bug has bit!  
    She's also been a driving, and I do me driving force, in getting me to rearrange and organize my studio more efficiently.  Mahalo, Margie.   You're making me a better man.
     I've been working on some special orders for my business,  some hot pads and place mats for a lady who bought some from me at a craft fair and then decided they would make good Christmas gifts.   They'll get mailed out tomorrow.
     I'm anxious to start some new quilts using a pattern I've just begun to use.   It's the disappearing 9-Patch.  A relatively easy pattern that works well for my business.  It lends itself to different color ways and fabrics. Bernice's quilt above is an example.   You'll see more later.
    So that's it for today.  Time to fire up the barbie and get dinner going after a nice day quilting with friends.  Sure beats anything I've done before.  Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment