Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lazy weekend

     Well, the Toronto ladies have gone and are at home.  Seems a bit empty without them.   I did finish a lap quilt for Kent's sister's birthday, but boxed it for mailing to the mainland before taking a picture.  Oops!  Guess I need to keep the camera in the studio so it'll remind me to take more pictures.
     I volunteered to help with a holoku gown for my Aunty Faith.  She's a really nice local lady.  Very stately and beautiful.  She's going to be in a fund raiser at the new St. Regis up in Princeville on July 3rd.  She's having a traditonal holoku gown made and she asked me to quilt some montsera (philadendron) leaves on the train.  I'm not a dressmaker but I couldn't turn her down.   So, I'm going to give it a shot.  I bought raw silk in cream to go on her hunter green satin gown.  I'm going to make a pattern, and use Steam-a-seam to fuse it to the train.  Any advice?  I'm a little concerned about fusing it to the satin.  I need to do either 3 or 5 leaves.   I should get the train from the seamstress, Aunty Vicky, this coming week.  Please feel free to send advice and/or prayers.  I want it to look great.  The kicker is that I won't be able to go to the event since it costs $125 for a ticket and Kent's cousins will be visiting us from the mainland.  I will take pictures to post here when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment