Sunday, May 30, 2010

First Post Sunday, May 30, 2010

Aloha from Kauai ! This is my first post to the blog and I'm feeling my way as I go. I want to thank one of my favorite quilters, Vicki, from Toronto, Canada for her help in getting me started here. (check out her blog, http://felinesandfibrearts.blogspot.com/ Right now Vicki and Bernice, here sewing. We're having great fun with the fabric and the machines. I run quilt vacations to Kauai and it seems like it has turned into a friendship circle since everyone who's come over to quilt has ended up becoming friends. You'll hear about others in future posts.
Julie Yukimura, the late owner of the Kapaia Stitchery, here on Kauai got me started quilting back in 2001 to help me deal with the stress of teaching in a "year-round" school in Southern California. The "cure" has since become an addiction. Yes, hello, I'm Joe and I'm a Fabriholic. . . and I don't want to be cured. I'm having too much fun!
After buying my first sewing machine (another story, another post), I taught myself to sew and quilt by looking at the pictures in magazines and books. . . Hey, I'm a guy, I don't read directions! Then, I discovered fabric and was totally hooked! It's hard to believe that I started out buying only fat quarters, but that soon changed. Now, with my quilting business, I buy bolts. Sewing on the dining room table has become sewing in my studio. Making quilts for family and friends has turned into selling my quilts and other quilted items at local craft fairs and in my online store over at our website: quiltinparadise.com
Living on Kauai has been a dream since my first visit here in 1988. Now I'm living the dream and loving it! The dream continues. Aloha for now.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world and congratulations on your first post Joe!!! You are most welcome and always glad to help a friend :-).

    ReplyDelete