Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vicki's Quilt Tops


This is the quilt top that Vicki worked on first.  She brought it along from Canada to work on here on Kauai.  The blues are all batiks and the brown is Kaufman's Fusions,  in Expresso.  Looks great.  Gives me some ideas on another quilt to make for myself, in green, of course, my favorite color. 






This is the next quilt top that Vicki did.  It's the disappearing 9-patch I've been doing.  Looks good too.  She's going to use the floral focus fabric for the backing and trying my "flip" method instead of doing traditional binding.  This is a quick one to do and fun pulling colors together.  Change the colors and you have a totally different quilt and look.  

The ladies, Vicki and Bernice will be leaving to go back to Toronto on Thursday.  I'll miss them.   I enjoy their company and the exchange of ideas.  It's been a very nice 2nd visit and I hope the 3rd doesn't take two years to happen.  Bon Voyage!


1 comment:

  1. It's been a lot of fun to quilt in paradise and I don't want to go home!!!! It would be great if the next visit doesn't take another 2 years to happen.

    ReplyDelete